Email: [email protected]
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico (pro hac vice)
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Denver, 2004
- University of Denver Water Law Review, Editorial Board; Articles Editor and Member, 2003 – 2004.
- M.A., University of Denver, Environmental policy, 1999
- B.A., University of Colorado
Trout Raley, Colorado
Shareholder (2012) and Associate Attorney. Natural resources firm with emphasis in water and environmental law and litigation. Represents a variety of clients including water conservancy districts, municipal corporations, ground water management district, and real estate developers in both state and federal litigation.
Litigation Support Counsel, State of New Mexico (2011 – Present), federal court litigation relating to the operation of the Rio Grande Project, and Special Assistant Attorney General in Texas v. New Mexico, Supreme Court of the United States (2013).
Environmental Planner II, Carter & Burgess, Inc.
Consulted for public and private sectors in NEPA compliance, Clean Water Act permitting, Endangered Species Act consultation, and cultural resources analysis; worked extensively with engineers and managed Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements for the Department of Transportation in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Arkansas. Denver, CO (May 1998 – August 2001)
The Twenty-First Annual Water Law Conference, Into the Twenty-First Century: Water Rights, Water Supply, Water Quality, San Diego, California, February 20–21, 2003”, 6 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 668 (2003)
Court Report, Raymond Proffitt Found. v. United States Army Corps of Eng'rs, 343 F.3d 199 (3d Cir. 2003), 7 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 132 (2003)
Court Report, Sierra Club v. Hankinson, 351 F.3d 1358 (11th Cir. 2003), 7 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 469 (2004)
Court Report, Miccosukee Tribe of Indians v. S. Fla. Water Mgmt. Dist., 280 F.3d 1364 (11th Cir. 2002), 6 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 171 (2002)
Court Report, Georgia v. United States Army Corps of Eng'rs, 302 F.3d 1242 (11th Cir. 2002), 6 U. Denv. Water L. Rev. 175 (2002)
- Member, Colorado and American Bar Associations
- Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Additional honors and experience
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy - Trial Skills
- American Jurisprudence Award in Land Use Law
- Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute, Land Use Law Award
- Carter & Burgess, Consulting Engineers, Inc., Environmental Planner