Email: [email protected]
- J.D., University of Denver, 1999
- Natural Resources Law Society, Land Use Law Society, Earthlaw (now Earth Justice) Legal Clinic.
- B.A., University of Colorado
Trout Raley, Colorado
Denver Water, March 2000 – February 2019
- Office of General Counsel. Lead Natural Resources/Environmental/ Hydropower Lawyer. Lead attorney in the Office of the General Counsel for Denver Water, on all natural resources, environmental, hydropower and energy legal matters associated with maintaining, operating, and expanding the water supply and delivery systems for Colorado’s oldest and largest water utility serving 1.4 million people.
Western Resource Advocates, January 2000 – March 2000.
- Legal Pro Bono Coordinator. Reorganized pro bono program for non-profit environmental legal organization. Established new communication protocols, contacts and program organization. Position duties included citizen/citizen group interviews to evaluate potential environmental claims, outreach and matching with attorneys interested in pro bono work.
Johns Manville Corp, September 1999 – December 1999.
- Contract Attorney. Assisted environmental in-house counsel on cases involving Clean Air Act and CERCLA claims. Drafted memos, research.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- 40 Hour Mediation Training, Colorado Bar Association, August 2011. Developed by the Colorado Bar Association ADR Section, the program has been designed to meet the 40-hour training standards approved by the Colorado Bar Association and the Mediation Association of Colorado.
Relevant Professional Activities
- Presentation: National Hydropower Association, Annual Conference, April 2017. Presented “Converting Licenses to Small Hydropower Project Exemptions” on a panel for “Alternatives to Relicensing.”